Monday, November 12, 2007

Helpful site

Hello, all. Just finished up a P.A. Day -- everyone's gone but me. We're talking about the dreaded "L" word -- literacy. I actually quoted from the Information Studies document today -- read the definition of information literacy. Oh, yeah, those librarians were way ahead of the province (or maybe just the Hamilton-Wentworth DSB??) on differentiated learning!!!

We've been trying to get our Bookroom up and running this year. One site that I find really helpful is Renaissance Learning, Inc. (http://www.renlearn.com/) If you go to the main page and click on "Order Quizzes" from the left-hand column, it will take you to a page where you can level books according to title or author. It's pretty good -- most books I've checked have been there. Try it out! D.

1 comment:

Deb Kitchener said...

It's scary when you realize that you are quoting curriculum....shows you how much we review and rely on them for planning. The other day I was refering to Michael Fullan in a meeting and suddenly all eyes were on me and there was silence! I'm still not sure if it was good or bad!