Monday, December 17, 2007

School Libraries

I feel like I'm on a spaceship that is hurtling toward the sun! The spaceship is an analogy for the T-L course I'm attempting to finish, and the rapidly approaching deadline for the end of the course is represented by the sun. Boy, is it hot in here!!

As part of my coursework I was asked to find some research resources on school libraries. I posted this one in the Resource section of the WebCT, but will post it again here. It is an article written in 2004 about the results of a Canadian survey on information and communications technologies in schools. Here is the url:

http://www.statcan.ca/english/research/81-595-MIE/81-595-MIE2005028.pdf

I also wanted to post the url for the announcement that Dalton McGuinty made regarding increased funding for libraries and library staff in Ontario. Here it is:

http://www.accessola3.com/index.php?automodule=blog&cmd=showentry&blogid=9&eid=397

Let's hope we see some of that money, and fast!! D.

No comments: